The East Meadow Public Library is very excited to announce Amazon Kindle compatibility with its Nassau Digital Doorway eBook collection. As a result of this update, most of the existing eBooks already in the collection may be read on all Kindle devices or by using free Kindle apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and other mobile devices.
Here is the process for checking out a library eBook for Kindle
- Visit the library’s Nassau Digital Doorway website.
- Browse and check out a Kindle book using your valid East Meadow Public Library card.
- Click the Get for Kindle button. This opens the Amazon.com website. You may be required to sign in with your Amazon.com account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app. Click the Get library book button and sync your device or app to download the book, or choose to send it to your device via USB.
- An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable or you do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, read Amazon’s instructions for transferring files via USB.
Kindle compatibility with library eBooks also takes full advantage of Amazon’s Whispersync technology. If you check out the eBook again at a later date or choose to purchase the eBook from the Kindle Store, all of your notes, bookmarks and highlights will be preserved. The last page read will also be synced between your Kindle and free Kindle reading apps.
In addition to Kindle, Nassau Digital Doorway provides support for all major desktop and mobile devices, including Windows, Mac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Sony Reader, NOOK, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.